Rice with olives - new
Rice With Olives
1 Onion, finely chopped
120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable Oil
300ml/10fl.oz. Water (approx)
12 pitted Olives, halved
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the olives in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice, mix well to coat the rice with oil.
4. Add the water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Drain the olives then add to the rice, mix well and cook for a further 8-10 minutes or until the rice is tender, adding more water if necessary.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
To serve – season with freshly ground black pepper and serve at room temperature